Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide utility construction and right of way services, material & supplies, electrical equipment and renewable energy resources power to the utility sector across the country.
An Electrician performs all physical maintenance for the building facilities of the Little Rock campus. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
* Performs multi-skilled (electrical and mechanical) plant maintenance to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the physical plant.
* Provides daily updates to the Facilities Manager, on the status of projects, and condition of equipment.
* Maintains cooperative electrical systems equipment and ensures that all safety equipment is operational and performs regularly scheduled maintenance.
* Performs preventive maintenance for equipment at the Little Rock location at the direction of the Facilities Manager.
* Assists in the development of preventive maintenance schedules and recordkeeping.
* Maintains prescribed inventory levels of maintenance supplies and informs the Facilities Manager, of possible changes. May also purchase materials and supplies.
* Provides technical assistance and works to resolve any safety problems that may develop within the facility. Ensures that proper building codes and regulations are followed in the resolution of the problems.
* Performs all job assignments in a safe and timely manner. Provides assistance to others in the proper use of tools and equipment and utilizes personal protective equipment (as required) to ensure the prevention of lost time work accidents.
* The ability to handle necessary stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
* High School Diploma or GED plus specialized training, plus 6 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Arkansas Journeyman's Electrician License
* Arkansas Masters Electrician License
* 2 Retirement Plan Options
* Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* 9 Paid holidays
* Educational assistance
* Paid time off accruals
* Short-term disability
* Long-term disability
* Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
About Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.