Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A 2nd Class Line Worker holding a CDL constructs and maintains electrical distribution and transmission systems. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
NOTE: This position is not with a member cooperative. AECI contracts to member cooperatives and others as needed. This contract work could include working for cities, municipalities and gas companies.
· Assists First Class Lineman and Crew Foreman in installing poles, conductors, transformers, meters, and hardware on energized or de-energize lines in keeping with the specifications and customer requirements.
· Understands safety rules and company policies and promotes good relations with other crew members, patron cooperatives and the general public.
· Operates bucket truck, digger-derrick, or other equipment as required by the foreman.
· Must be able to perform basic general maintenance of vehicles used to perform assigned duties.
· The ability to handle necessary stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
· Maintains jobsite in a neat and orderly condition.
· Performs any other related duties as required for the effective and efficient operation of the Construction Department.
*As a condition of employment, this position requires a post – offer, pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam
· At least 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Valid Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License
· Must be able to travel to various locations throughout the state of Arkansas and stay overnight as required to complete work assignments.
· Must be able to work extra hours when necessary and report to work whenever needed during non-scheduled working periods.
· Must have working knowledge of REA plans and specifications for distribution and transmission and electric system key location maps.
· Must be able to work in extreme temperatures and at excessive heights.
· During storm season, expect in and out of state storm recovery work.
· Must have tools required to perform duties and be able to perform routine maintenance on crew vehicles.
· CPR and First Aid training
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Paid Time Off
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
About Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.