Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A 1st Class Line Worker holding a CDL constructs and maintains electrical distribution and transmission systems. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
NOTE: This position is not with a member cooperative. AECI contracts to member cooperatives and others as needed. This contract work could include working for cities, municipalities and gas companies.
· Installs poles, conductor, transformers, meters, hardware on energized lines or de-energized lines in keeping with specifications and customer requirements.
· Reviews plans and specifications.
· Operates a vehicle with a GVW rating in excess of 26,000 pounds requiring a Class A CDL license. Operates bucket truck digger-derrick and other equipment on job site, as required.
· Informs supervisor of equipment and materials required to complete jobs. Assists foreman in carrying out work plans.
· Trains other crew members in construction of electrical systems as directed by crew foreman.
· Performs basic maintenance on equipment.
*As a condition of employment, this position requires a post – offer, pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam
· High School Diploma or equivalent, plus 4 to 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
· Ability to travel up to 100% of work week
· Ability to work 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week with overtime as needed
· During storm season, expect in and out of state storm recovery work
· Must wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. All PPE must meet safety standard as required by AECI
· CPR and First Aid training
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Paid Time Off
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Apply online at www.aecc.com
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
About Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.