Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Apprentice Substation Installation Technician assists in assembling and installing substations and underground systems. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
· Builds concrete forms and installs concrete footings.
· Assembles substation steel under the direction of a substation installation technician.
· Operates bucket truck and other equipment on jobsite.
· Must maintain a safe work environment and report work related problems, material or supply needs and equipment to crew Foreman
· In pursuant of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act 593, this position is a designated safety-sensitive position according to AECC/AECI standards and processes
· As a condition of employment, this position requires a post-offer Fitness for Duty exam, pre-employment drug test and must be able to pass DOT physical.
· General educational background or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must obtain CDL within the first 90 days of employment.
· CPR and first aid training
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Paid Time Off
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
About Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.