Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Credit Analyst in the Member Services – Portfolio Management group. In this position you will have the opportunity to provide support for credit risk management, portfolio management and underwriting and lending activities for assigned portfolio.
As a Credit Analyst, reporting to the Sr. Lender, you will:
• Support Credit Risk management activities through performing risk ratings, audit reviews and the annual review process.
• Prepare and review portfolio data analytics, interest rate repricing, conversion and prepayment analysis, and analyze loan scenarios and structures in support of portfolio management activities.
• Support credit underwriting and lending activities by analyzing financial statements and projections, utilizing financial models and applications, performing credit underwriting and developing, recommending structure and participating in credit presentations.
• Develop a working knowledge of CFC products and services, processes and risk tolerance.
To be successful you will need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and commercial credit analysis experience.
• Advanced level proficiency with MS Office Desktop applications.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
• Ability and aptitude to become familiar with CFC operating systems and other applications including financial statement spreading software and loan servicing systems.
• Completion of formal Commercial Banking Training or one year of experience in commercial underwriting is preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop. CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
The National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC) was founded in 1969 by the rural electric cooperative industry. CFC is a nonprofit finance cooperative with more than $25 billion in assets that provides industry expertise, flexibility and responsiveness to more than 1,000 member-owners to help them meet their financial needs. At CFC, our members’ success is our success. Our commitment to our members goes beyond our work as a lender. In addition to our lending solutions, CFC offers treasury services, investment opportunities, financial models and tools, programs to support and promote the cooperative business model, and industry-leading events and training.