Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A warehouse worker position renders maximum customer service by supplying materials for shipment in a prompt, efficient, and accurate manner. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECI and our mission forward.
· Unloads trucks and trailers containing merchandise from manufacturers and loads materials to be shipped to customers from load schedules provided by transportation personnel.
· Verifies accuracy of freight received into the warehouse against the purchase order. Completes material shortage forms when packing lists from manufacturers do not match materials received.
· Inspects the material received to ensure that there is no transportation damage.
· Receives returned materials and inspects for damages.
· Stocks storage shelves, bins, and designated yard and warehouse areas with materials received.
· Assembles orders to be shipped to customers with the use of picking lists.
· Assembles orders to be transferred to VMI Locations, job sites or to be picked up by VMI line crews.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment and follows all safety regulations.
· Assist in annual inventories and interim counts as needed; may be required to construct and install meter loops at Vendor Managed Warehouses.
· The ability to handle necessary stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
· In pursuant of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act 593, this position is a designated safety-sensitive position according to AECC/AECI standards and processes
· As a condition of employment, this position requires a post – offer, pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam
· High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Valid Driver’s License
· Be available to work extra hours when necessary and report to work whenever needed during non-working periods.
· Must have a working knowledge of catalog numbers and transformer final assembly numbers.
· Must be familiar with OSHA regulation as it relates to warehousing.
· Must be familiar with freight manifests and other shipping documents.
· Forklift Certification
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Paid time off accrual
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
About Arkansas Electric Cooperatives
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.