Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry, we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Compliance Intern will support the Compliance Services department and gain exposure to regulatory, quality and operations processes, policies and guidelines. We’re looking for someone with an interest in the compliance profession and that has problem solving and teamwork skills which can be applied across the organization. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to take the skills you have acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting.
· Develop understanding of AECC’s mission, values and culture.
· Conduct research on compliance rules and regulations.
· Learn about and assist with North Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) audit planning activities.
· Create NERC audit preparation binders.
· Assist with certain process improvement projects.
· Provide support for other compliance projects and assignments as needed.
· Must be able to obtain NERC CIP clearance access
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Pursuing or interested in the compliance profession or related field.
· Strong communication skills; oral and written.
· Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Technologically adept and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
· Exceptional analytical, mathematical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
· Extremely detailed and accuracy oriented.
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category
About Arkansas Electric Cooperative
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.