Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity, and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Commercial Lending Account Manager in the Member Services Group. In this position, you will have the opportunity to provide electric lending account and relationship management for a specific group of high-profile, high activity electric distribution accounts, their subsidiaries and their affiliates.
As a Commercial Lending Account Manager, you will:
• Work independently to originate, analyze, process and service loans primarily for high activity, high profile or more complex accounts.
• Independently prepare loan proposals and analysis customized to each potential deal.
• Perform portfolio management activities for existing loans to include loan structuring, interest rate conversions and repricings.
• Maintain a high level of member engagement and consult with members to ensure member satisfaction and appropriate relationship and portfolio management for each member.
• Help drive a high level of member engagement with focus on preserving the existing loan portfolio, growing loan volume and encouraging and increasing utilization of CFC’s value added services.
• Monitor credit compliance, analyze associated risks, and consult with VPPM and member to develop an action plan for appropriate resolution.
• Detect potential problem credits and collaborate with appropriate CFC staff including VPPM in the resolution of problems.
• Independently coordinate all aspects of loan negotiations and documentation.
To be successful, you need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or related field.
• Five years of banking or other relevant experience dealing with high-profile, high activity accounts.
• Completion of credit training program in banking.
• Advanced knowledge and application of financial and accounting principles.
• Advanced knowledge of loan structures and legal documents.
• Excellent customer service orientation.
• Advanced analysis and critical thinking skills including credit analysis, interest rate modeling and portfolio structuring.
• Advanced ability to read and interpret financial and legal documents.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Financial forecasting skills.
• Significant relationship management and negotiation sills.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
The National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC) was founded in 1969 by the rural electric cooperative industry. CFC is a nonprofit finance cooperative with more than $25 billion in assets that provides industry expertise, flexibility and responsiveness to more than 1,000 member-owners to help them meet their financial needs. At CFC, our members’ success is our success. Our commitment to our members goes beyond our work as a lender. In addition to our lending solutions, CFC offers treasury services, investment opportunities, financial models and tools, programs to support and promote the cooperative business model, and industry-leading events and training.