The Vice President of Smart Grid Advisory and Networks will drive creation and execution of advisory services and smart grid network products. S/he will serve the dual role as leader of the advisory services team as well as product management for the NRTC Smart Grid Network.
As head of Smart Grid Advisory Service, s/he will be responsible for the development of a consultative advisory service to assist members in developing smart grid technology roadmaps. S/he will own and evolve the Smart Grid Advisory Service to ensure relevancy to changing co-op needs and industry technologies. The leader will build a cross functional team leveraging existing SGS and Broadband domain experts, NRTC field resources, and select hires to deliver services. S/he will also selectively partner with third parties to develop and deliver a co-op driven solution for co-ops.
Candidates must demonstrate proven cross functional leadership ability to successfully work with internal and external sources to win contracts and to build and launch these smart grid products and services. Candidates must also possess team development capabilities to grow and foster development of the various teams into leading business areas for NRTC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create and lead a smart grid advisory service to help member co-ops develop smart grid technology roadmaps. Build consultative selling capability in coordination with other NRTC groups.
2. Create product teams for NRTC Smart Grid Network products and services. Establish and maintain a smart grid network product roadmap. Support NRTC domain experts in establishing partnerships for applications to leverage the network.
3. Establish and grow relationships with NRTC members and serve as a smart grid networks thought leader and resource for member GMs and leadership teams.
4. Serve as member of the SGS senior leadership team helping shape strategic direction, partnership strategy, sales enablement, etc.
5. Support cross functional teams to pursue smart grid technology opportunities with NRTC members Build cross functional team to implement and operate NRTC Smart Grid Network and onboard new smart grid applications for member co-ops.
6. Life of project responsibility for a wide range of transaction types from collaborations, to joint ventures, to multi-party partnerships. Advocate for critical partnerships across the organization consistent with NRTC’s business development strategy.
7. Identify vendor/partner resources required for successful deployment. Stay current on vendor roadmaps and provide input to partners on solution feature requirements needing development. Support Sales Management to eliminate technical barriers to sales, providing configuration and technical follow up.
8. Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
15+ years in consulting with smart grid or telecom related projects, 5+ years in a management position
Candidates should have telecom or IoT industry experience, project development and management experience, a baseline knowledge of the smart grid industry. The ideal candidate will understand how advancements in the telecom (private LTE, 5G, IoT, edge compute) and smart grid industries will transform rural electric smart grid adoption
Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus
Knowledge of and extensive industry connections for private LTE or smart grid technologies a plus.
Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives across various geographies
Ability to create electric utility financial models designed to represent the performance of a financial asset, project, or other investment
Ability to resolve conflicts and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients
Candidates should be self-driven, able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, and comfortable interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
Electric utility experience desired, cooperative experience a plus
NRTC is Member Driven and Technology Focused – providing solutions that help our 1,500 electric and telephone members bring all the advantages of today’s evolving technology to rural America. NRTC’s solutions are developed specifically to meet the needs of rural utilities and their customers, and include integrated smart grid solutions, metering networks, next-generation energy, demand management, broadband, managed services, mobile and video. We are a dynamic, growing cooperative with more than 650 employees operating out of seven office locations. We are looking to add experienced staff to our Smart Grid Solutions (SGS) team to enhance and accelerate the development of those solutions for the benefit of our members.