Compiles, reviews, and submits financial data, processes accounts payable, completes reports ensuring compliance with company and regulatory standards; and assists with various departmental projects.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Compiles, analyzes, and reports financial and claim data to various state agency and insurance statistical bureaus, including sole responsibility for workers’ compensation experience modifier process.
2. Helps maintains accuracy and integrity of claims databases. Ties-out self-insured trust claims payments at month-end.
3. Processes accounts payable and expense reports daily.
4. Performs special projects such as conducting an analysis of a current process for improvements, providing general ledger accounting assistance, and creating schedules for monitoring loss and premium data.
5. Assists in the preparation of annual state income and premium tax reporting information including researching and applying income and premium tax code changes and responding State Revenue Department correspondence as needed.
7. Prepares municipal taxes for several states and completes various state assessment filings and payments.
8. * Performs other duties as needed.
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Direct Reports: None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to maintain flexibility and responsiveness when faced with multiple work tasks.
Knowledge of insurance statutory and/or GAAP accounting practices and procedures.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in identifying problems and finding solutions.
Proficient in Excel and Word, and strong ability to quickly learn new software programs.
Skill in accurately reading, interpreting, and analyzing statistical and financial data.
Ability to effectively communicate and work with co-workers, customers and vendors in a professional manner.
Ability to learn new skills and work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
Ability to think creatively and analytically and make suggestions for improvement.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience. 1-3 years accounting experience preferred. Experience in insurance accounting also preferred but not required.
EEO Employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran
About Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange
Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange is the leading provider of property and casualty insurance for rural electric cooperatives in 42 states. Federated's primary goal is to offer its members affordable insurance coverage over the long term, so they can focus on serving their communities and making them better, safer, and more vibrant places to live.