CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer Extensive Services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
The position will either be located in Oklahoma City or Tulsa, Oklahoma or North Dallas Metro area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as project engineer with autonomy for project-related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have project management responsibilities.
• Assists with estimating, pricing, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
• Develops plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports to meet project requirements for design and construction of new power delivery facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities.
• Provides technical support, guidance and input in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects on a project.
• Site visits and client meetings required per project needs.
• Utilizes computer software to create detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts.
• Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
• Reviews and redlines production plans for revisions.
• Reviews and approves monthly billing for assigned projects.
• Develops, fosters and maintains client relationships.
• Provides training and mentoring to engineering and technical staff.
• Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
• Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers and technicians on project activities.
• Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
• Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Be able to work in AutoCAD drawings.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in electrical or civil engineering from four-year college or university and seven to ten years related experience and/or training.
• Oklahoma Professional Engineer (PE) license.
• English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Requires 6-10 years job experience in substation layout, protection and controls, and ground grid design
• Requires being able to author equipment specifications, construction specifications, and bid documents for substation projects
• Proficient in electrical industry standards and safety guidelines
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Ability to use software for physical design of substations.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.