The Data Analyst develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies to optimize the practical application of data to support engineering system analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Build and maintain relational databases used for reporting and analysis.
· Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data sets used for analytics.
· Perform data exploration and data mining to support engineering studies and strategic initiatives.
· Develop and maintain intelligence dashboards and visualizations that provide insight to the electric system’s performance.
· Maintain the integrity of data used for electric system analysis and project planning.
· Develop and maintain project status tracking tools and metrics dashboards.
· Manage ETL processes and perform data reconciliations.
· Create automated data collection and reporting functions.
· Attend seminars, conferences, and special meetings to improve technical skills.
· Represent the cooperative in a positive and professional manner at all public functions.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related degree is required.
· 2 years of data analytics experience.
· Experience with Microsoft Office products with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
· Experience with SQL Server.
· Experience with programming languages like Python, R, and SQL is a plus.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong quantitative skills with the ability to synthesize information accurately.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team.
· Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude.
· Knowledge of electric utility industry preferred.
· The work is performed in an office setting.
Note: This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements. Management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and/or responsibilities at any time.
In order to complete the application process, please fill out the WRVEC application by following the link provided: