If you are interested in having a positive impact on EnergyUnited members/customers through working on the mapping system of our electric system, we’d like to meet you!
The GIS Technician is responsible for maintaining and performing various duties related to Engineering Services. A perfect candidate for this position would be an individual with a great attitude along with a passion for mapping system and the utility industry. This position is classified as Office Reporting allowing an employee to perform work onsite at an EU location for the position, and is non-exempt as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act as amended.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
· Provide efficient and accurate GIS services as required.
· Make recommendations and implement changes to the GIS system.
· Approve work produced on the GIS system prior to inclusion in the system maps.
· Maintain up-to-date and accurate system maps and drawings.
· Accept maps, staking sheets, drawings, sketches, plats, orthophotos, topographic maps, and other documentation and digitize them into the GIS system.
· See that map alterations and revisions are current and up to date.
· Maintain GIS computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
· Provide drafting, copying, plotting and art work for cooperative.
· Maintain database files and work with IT as needed to ensure all issues are addressed.
· Maintain record files as needed.
· Assist in the design and planning of major system studies and projects and to assist in the preparation of engineering documents.
· Coordinate with other departments to ensure that GIS needs are being addressed.
· Coordinate with vendors and contractors that work with EnergyUnited related to the GIS system.
· Perform configuration changes or updates to the GIS system.
Job Qualifications - Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
· Two-year technical degree in GIS based drafting with legible handwriting.
· Experience working on an ESRI based mapping system.
· AutoCAD and NISC Mapwise experience is preferred.
· Possess working knowledge of drafting techniques and practices.
· Knowledge of computer hardware and plotters and MS Office is desirable.
· Knowledge of Electrical Utility Industry is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of configuring and updating an ESRI based mapping system.
· Possess and maintain a valid NC driver’s license with safe driving record.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and superior mathematical abilities.
· Ability to implement work plans, make sound decisions from observations and carry out instructions.
· Be a self-starter with an attitude of neatness, timeliness, orderliness, and accuracy.
· Live within cooperative’s service area.
· This position is classified as a "Headquarters or Non-Direct Operational" position. Domicile must be within one of the nineteen counties served by the Cooperative or within a 40 (forty) road mile radius to any EnergyUnited EMC office.
· Be available for work during adverse weather conditions.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Please apply by Wednesday, February 17, 2021.
*EnergyUnited Electric Membership Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. *