Coweta-Fayette EMC, an electric distribution cooperative, is searching for an experienced Staking Engineer/Technician to work on our growing distribution network. The responsibilities of the position include designing, surveying and staking electric distribution lines in accordance with RUS and GA DOT regulations.
Must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following functions:
Prepare and/or interpret staking sheets, work sketches, system maps and all other records that may be required in accordance with the most effective and efficient construction procedures and specifications.
Obtain all necessary right-of-way easements, damage release forms, and other documents as required.
Ensure that all assigned tools and equipment are in safe and operable condition.
Immediately report and/or correct any violations of safety rules or procedures as established by the National Electric Safety Code and/or CFEMC’s safety rules and regulations.
Design, survey and stake underground dig-ins, security light work orders and service orders, overhead service drops, and pole changes.
Investigate and tag NJUNs tickets.
Assist Staking Technicians and Senior Staking Technicians in surveying and staking of distribution line extensions, distribution line equipment, DOT highway projects, and construction work plan projects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School graduate or equivalent course of study certification.
Requires compliance with all DOT regulations and a current driver’s license.
Requires excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of the public and cooperative personnel.
Must be able to work with electronic spreadsheets, word documents and other programs/equipment provided by the cooperative now and in the future.
Must be able to communicate effectively both in written and verbal format.
Knowledge of RUS Specifications required
NJUNS Training preferred
Required to have 2 years’ experience as Apprentice Staking Technician, line construction or equivalent.
Requires basic knowledge of CFEMC/RUS specifications.
Must have completed a level 1 and a level 2 or equivalent staking certification program.
Must have completed NJUNS Training.
Must be able to initiate and complete projects with little supervision.
Must have a strong knowledge of mathematics.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Stooping, crouching, walking, standing, talking, hearing, and balancing (maintaining body equilibrium).
Required to be available and accessible to work irregular hours during emergency situations.
Approximately 70% of work will be done outdoors in various weather conditions and the remaining 30% will be in a general office environment.
Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Required to have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribe; read and edit extensively; and view a computer terminal.
About Coweta-Fayette EMC
Coweta-Fayette EMC, to include its subsidiaries True Natural Gas and Relyco Security Resources, is an equal opportunity employer and is recognized as one of the most progressive electric membership cooperatives. The cooperative serves member/customers in portions of six counties. Coweta-Fayette EMC offers a competitive wage and benefits package for full-time employees.