The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America's electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
* Top Workplace by the Washington Post * 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine * 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian * CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance * Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE * Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America * State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person's overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Summary Sr Associate Education Training & Events P.2
Provides multi-level support for the design, development and delivery of NRECA PowerXchange (Annual Meeting) and Regional Meetings. Assists program managers, speakers, and subject matter experts for these high-profile member events that require expertise and collaboration of cross-functional and cross-departmental teams. Plans for and oversees event set-up and registration services for assigned NRECA in-person and online programs and events, including conferences, meetings, web-conferences, training, marketing materials, and on-site operations.
Purpose and Mission
* Coordination of PowerXchange and Regional Meetings Programs
* Serves as point person and provides multi-level support for program development of member meetings.
* Develops system to maintain program database and archives.
* Coordinates with colleagues across the Association to ensure that all elements are in place for successful programs.
* Communicates directly with program speakers and other invitees, including NRECA national directors, national-caliber speakers, high-profile political and academic figures, and executive staff of federal agencies, network partners, and member cooperatives.
* Collaborates with program managers and marketing staff to develop and execute marketing strategies for meetings.
* Oversees creation of on-site program guides. This includes writing and editing copy, establishing the production schedule, and providing key input and recommendations on graphic design.
* Coordinates with the CEO Office on the national service awards program, including communications to winners, recognition at meetings, and post award presentation photos and videos.
* Schedules program planning, execution, and evaluation meetings with appropriate stakeholders.
* Assists in the development of program evaluation instruments, surveys and polls.
* Plays lead role in designing and uploading content for event mobile apps and ensuring version control for program scripts and content for web sites, marketing materials and other.
* Assists with development of yearly budget; makes recommendations based on analysis of past performance and current circumstances; monitors expenses and revenue vis-a-vis approved budgets; reviews, reconciles, and codes event invoices; submits to Finance for processing and approvals
* Assists in event close-out procedures - maintains documentation, archives and relevant information for future use and reference.
* Provides front-line member service and administrative support by handling member inquiries, via phone, e-mail, community posts, and on-site.
* Provides limited administrative support to Director, Member Meetings & Conferences.
* Management of Program Registration
* Sets up events in netFORUM and Event Management System (EMS) using standard language and software-specific procedures.
* Develops registration forms and drafts original copy for promotional materials, in conjunction with marketing staff.
* Oversees on-site event registration, including those that utilize scanning system for on-site printing of badges and tickets. This includes set-up, testing, troubleshooting and uninterrupted operation.
* Provides support for wide range of registration services and event functions for the department; creates and maintains registration documents and equipment shipping; trains and supervises contracted temp workers.
* Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position's job duties, in accordance with NRECA's Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPPA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures Manuals.
Requirements and Qualifications
Formal Education Required
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of Education, Training, and additional experience.
Experience and Certifications Required
Five years or related experience that demonstrates knowledge of office technology, project management, and communication.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (as demonstrated by prior work experience):
* Knowledge of Event Management System (EMS) and Learning Management System (LMS) features and functionality.
* Ability to utilize office equipment and software related to mobile apps, data transfer and storage, WebEx, netFORUM, and Communicator.
* Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects at various stages of development using effective organization skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise manner.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service by building relationships, being resourceful, responsive, and respectful.
* Ability to deal with wide range of personalities and competing requests while maintaining high standard of discretion and tact.
* Ability to manage high-priority, high-profile tasks under pressure of deadlines.
* Ability to organize, consolidate and manage information and details both long-term and on short notice.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job.
* Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine or other job-related equipment.
* Ability to provide service excellence by building relationships, being resourceful, responsive and respectful
* Ability to travel.
Essential Physical Requirements
* The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
* Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement : The preceding job description has been written to reflect management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.