The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America's electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
* Top Workplace by the Washington Post * 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine * 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian * CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance * Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE * Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America * State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person's overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Summary Sr. Advisor, Product Development -Insurance and Employee Benefits P.4
Position Summary This position monitors, oversees and manages Product Development and Management (PD&M) initiatives for mid-sized and more highly integrated products and vendors. These programs involve the coordination of multiple resources, vendors and/or products that include a wide array of options and complex components (i.e., targeted clinical programs, group life program and local provider networks).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Guides the development of business cases to support enhancements and new initiatives.
* Analyzes program metrics and interprets the results.
* Recommends product/program changes needed to support the needs of member co-ops.
Product and Program Management
* Identifies and develops report criteria for reporting quality, financial, utilization, and product differentiation. Analyzes product performance metrics to identify trends. Interprets the results and recommends changes needed to support the member co-ops
* Collaborates with product leader, competitive intelligence manager and relationship management to conduct annual customer needs and competitive market assessment. Proposes enhancements to assigned products and programs and ensures enhancements are in alignment with the multi-year product strategy. Leads the development of business cases for new benefits which includes return on investment analysis.
* Responsible for performing final business review of Summary Plan Description (SPD), Summary of Material Modifications (SMM) and Plan Document amendments and restatements for accuracy. Makes recommendation when changes are needed.
* Monitors customer requests for plan design exceptions, identifies when exception should be implemented across entire program, and presents recommendation including cost benefit analysis.
* Responsible for assembling Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) for potential and existing vendor partner relationships. Collaborates with Vendor Management Office (VMO) in the design of vendor selection criteria and scoring the submissions.
* Serve as the business lead during contract negotiations between VMO and the vendor partner. Develops and implements measurable and meaningful performance guarantees and service levels to be included in the contract (as applicable). Collaborates with VMO in the development of the statement of work that will be used by the vendor when implementing new or enhanced services.
* Measures performance guarantees and certifies when guarantees are not being met. Serves as the business lead during the auditing of benefit programs.
* Accountable for ensuring that vendors are paid accurately and timely according to the terms of the contract. Responsible for ensuring payments do not exceed department budget. Reports to manager when payment exceed budget and justifies cause.
* Serves as the business lead during the implementation of new benefit programs, changes to existing programs, network arrangements and new vendor partnerships. Responsible for ensuring coordination of activity with systems implementation, I.T. Marketing Communications, CBA, Vendor and Legal Services, and all other internal stakeholders. Assess and ensure seamless vendor integration activity. Leads the resolution of technical and design issues.
* Serves as subject matter expert for mid-sized/highly integrated products/programs. Drives the development of the project plan including defining the requirements and reviewing the final product for accuracy. Accountable for ensuring other stakeholders meet their deliverables on time and keeping key stakeholders informed on the status of the project.
* Resolves highly complicated and/or controversial concerns and vendor issues. Leads the effort to find a resolution that meets the needs of our member co-ops. Drives problem resolution through partnership with NRECA departments, cooperatives and vendor partners. Keeps internal and external customers informed of the status of issue resolution.
* Analyzes root cause of service issue and recommends changes to products, programs and service delivery when necessary.
Communication and Education
* Serves as the business lead regarding the definition of product description and key messages. Guides Marketing in the development of the product identity strategy and execution of the communication plan. Responsible for approving the material developed by Marketing to ensure the overall message is technically accurate.
* Provides Marketing content and messaging ideas needed for webinars, conferences and task force presentations. Approves final presentations before they are presented to co-ops/participants.
Security and Disposal of Information
* Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position's job duties, in accordance with NRECA's Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures Manuals.
Requirements and Qualifications
Formal Education Required
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
5+ years' work experience in program development and management related to employee benefits, health care, wellness and disease management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
* Knowledge of ERISA, FMLA, COBRA and other IRS/DOL regulations and laws related to the administration and management of employee benefit programs as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Knowledge of NRECA health and/or retirement programs as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects at various stages of development using effective organization skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to lead people and foster collaborative skills and consensus building while operating in a fast-moving environment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to be persuasive, negotiate, and collaborate with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the organization as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to understand and discuss issues and developments related to product design, development and deployment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to anticipate internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to travel as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to listen and interprete the customer's needs, de-escalate difficult customer calls, while at the same time researching the issue and applying broad business and technical knowledge to meet the customer's satisfaction as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine or other job related equipment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to develop and deliver presentations and/or training workshops as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise manner as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
* Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.