Engineering Services, Operations, Power Production
Want a job where you can make a difference everyday?
Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange the leading provider of property and casualty insurance for rural electric cooperatives in 45 states is currently searching for a Safety and Loss Prevention Consultant. This individual will be responsible for the territory comprised of Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Ideally the individual hired will relocate to the center of the territory.
Conducts loss prevention assessments and prepares written recommendations for insured and assigned systems. Provides training to field staff. Provides training to insured systems and to employees of assigned systems. Develops safety and loss prevention programs as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Conducts loss prevention assessments of assigned systems in order to identify potential property and liability exposures. Provides written recommendations to insured systems to assist in reducing losses. Forwards appropriate information to Safety & Loss Prevention Manager.
2. Works with Safety and Loss Prevention Manager to develop Safety and Loss Prevention programs for insured systems to assist in reducing claims.
3. Works with the Safety and Loss Prevention Manager to develop goals and objectives for short and long term operations. Assists Manager in developing reports and correspondence for assigned systems, management, and other departments that require loss prevention information. Maintain daily communications with Manager for messages and information.
4. Communicates bi-annually with statewide contacts regarding trends within each state. Participate as directed by S&LP Manager in statewide functions and present programs of special emphasis as needed.
5. Participate in Rural Electric Safety Achievement Program when necessary.
6. Promote business for the company through personal contacts with members of the rural electric community.
7. Prepare and submit call reports and expense reports weekly.
8. *Performs other duties as assigned by management.
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Direct Reports: None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of loss and risk control principles.
Knowledge of electric utilities operations.
Knowledge of federal OSHA regulations.
Knowledge of company products, services, policies, and procedures.
Knowledge of general office practices. Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in operating such office equipment as personal computer, Internet, e-mail, etc.
Skill in providing effective new employee training programs.
Ability to communicate with co-workers and customers in a professional manner.
Ability to maintain flexibility and responsiveness when faced with multiple work tasks, emergency situations, and other stressful situations.
Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a journeyman lineman/operations position in an electric utility is required.
Electric utility safety experience is a plus.
A bachelor degree in safety management, loss prevention, or risk control or equivalent is also a plus.
EEO Employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
About Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange
Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange is member-owned and is the leading provider of property and casualty insurance for rural electric utilities in 45 states. We understand the challenges you face and our goal is to give you more than just the financial strength and stability that you expect from your insurance carrier. We also work to help our members control risk and reduce accidents. All underwriting, claims service and administrative functions are handled in-house. This unique position allows Federated to provide unparalleled service at an affordable cost. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of membership in Federated.