Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving 58 villages in Alaska, is seeking a Warehouse Worker.
Position: Warehouse Worker
Location: Anchorage, AK
This position will provide support to Operations and assist with all warehouse activities to include receiving, storage and issuing of construction and maintenance materials, equipment and safety equipment in the headquarters warehouse; Maintain warehousing facility in a safe, orderly fashion; Maintain accurate record of material receipts, issues and turn-ins; Participates in monthly inventory closures; Perform all other duties as required for success of the department.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides support to Operations material requirements. Primary role is to ship equipment and materials to Villages.
- Tracking outgoing freight to assigned Villages and when covering for other Villages.
- Ensures Materials are stored for easy accessibility and that work area(s) are clean and safe, eliminating hazards as appropriate.
- Assists with periodic, monthly and annual inventory of materials.
- Inspects materials, verifies and counts materials received. Ensures that paperwork is complete, accurate and on time.
- Assists with vendor pickup and deliveries; mark incoming materials with stock numbers and place in proper locations.
- Assists in coordination with purchasing staff to ensure inventory and items needed for upcoming/ongoing projects are stocked.
- Compiles with all aspects of the OSHA standards applicable to job requirements and training and performs safety checks regularly as needed or as directed.
- Ensures the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) records are up-to-date and compliant for all applicable inventory or items being shipped to the field.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Experience: 2+ Years of applicable warehousing experience of similar complexity
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and accurately orally and in writing
- Shows concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of own work and those who they work with
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish trust and credibility internally and externally
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Adapts to change quickly and easily
- Professionalism and ability to adapt in diverse environment to maintain a positive work environment
- Creates opportunities or minimizes potential problems by anticipating an preparing for these in advance
- Experience working with Alaska’s statewide air cargo system preferred
- Experience operating a 1-2 ton truck preferred
- Working knowledge of computerized record keeping methods and reporting functions
- Working knowledge of US Postal Service regulations preferred
- Good planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills
- High-degree of flexibility to meet multiple and changing priorities
AVEC provides a stellar benefit package and a competitive salary, salary is DOE. Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening are required.
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants are required to complete an application. Application can be found under jobs at avec.org.