We are seeking applicants for an Accounting Analyst. This person will be part of a team to provide Accounting and Financial Reporting services to Wabash Valley Power Alliance.
We are looking for a team member with an accounting background who is detail oriented and is eager to learn. As part of our Accounting and Finance Department, you will maintain property, plant and equipment ledgers in accordance with FERC and GAAP guidelines, provide timely and accurate fixed asset information, and prepare a budget and track costs related to facility and substation charges. Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to know how our utility and plant accounting works. We will teach you!
Your responsibilities will include:
Administering a $1.5B asset portfolio for proper Asset classification and depreciation for two legal entities
Facilitating the work order authorizations and tracking of a $150M annual capital budget with both internal and jointly owned capital projects.
Execute Purchase Orders for our Transmission and Distribution Engineering team
Monthly fixed asset closing and plant balance reconciliations
Reconciling the Construction Work in Process accounts
Help prepare invoicing for Reimbursable Capital Projects
Assist Project Managers and Cost Analysts from the Engineering team with Capital Project data
Annual Compliance reports for various entities such as FERC, Duke Energy, and our Trust Indenture
Administer Property Tax payments and assist with property tax return preparation and accrual estimates
So what will help you thrive in this position? You love to crunch the numbers, dot the I’s and cross the T’s. You exceed expectations and have a strong ability to maintain accuracy while doing so. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You are analytical and efficient in your approach to problem-solving with a high attention to detail.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field, or equivalent experience, required
3-4 years of progressive experience in a professional accounting position, preferably with plant accounting or utility experience, procurement knowledge is a plus
Experience using Infor Lawson/Infor Accounting system is a plus
Advanced knowledge Excel Add-Ins Query and Uploading tools and Pivot tables
Detail oriented and the ability to automate manual processes and improve procedures
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat - We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll cr...edit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time - Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School - We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual - When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard - We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.