Issue work orders for all forms of system expansion and modification while ensuring that designs are prepared in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
· Prepare work orders for overhead and underground member line extensions and area lighting. Prepare conduit plans for underground subdivisions and design electrical systems for development.
· Perform engineering calculations to determine transformer size and conduit plans.
· Obtain right-of-way, easements, and permits from landowners and governmental agencies.
· Design and field stake work orders.
· Perform conduit inspections and underground locates as needed.
· Work with Staking Technician Apprentices and mentor them in the development of their skills.
· Design power and/or conduit layouts and create new specifications and design specific material.
· Pre-drill pole-hole patterns for concrete steel poles.
· Perform all other job related duties as assigned by management.
An Associate Degree (AA) in Electrical Engineering or ten (10) years prior experience is required. Must have specific training in Overhead Staking and Design Levels 1 – 3, Underground Design, Intergrated Transmission System (Access only), National Electric Safety Code and National Electric Code Courses. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, safety materials, and other work related material. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. Must have and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license. Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and applications customarily used in an office and engineering environment. Ability to work non-standard work hours or weekends and perform overtime work as needed.