We are seeking applicants for a Director of Compliance. This person will lead and develop the team responsible for the Compliance Programs for Wabash Valley Power Alliance and will be responsible for the following:
Lead and develop the team responsible for compliance for all operating assets across a wide range of regulatory agencies and grid operators. This includes requirements with, but not limited, to NERC, ISOs, RTOs, safety, DOT, etc.
Oversee the internal NERC Compliance program.
Monitor changes and provide assistance in the understanding the requirements of the NERC Reliability Standards and what support is sufficient to ensure compliance with the standards.
Report to management the current status of the program and make recommendations to the risks.
Review compliance documentation from the responsible departments and provide guidance on document development and maintenance.
Collaborate with various subject matter experts to coordinate the Company’s response to formal audits, spot checks, certification reviews, self-logs, self-reports, system event reporting, requests for Information, and compliance and enforcement investigations.
Develop industry specific knowledge, skills, and a thorough understanding of compliance requirements.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
You love to exceed expectations, apply active listening skills to generate solutions and promptly respond to requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a constructive approach to understanding the needs of situations and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Information Technology or similar field required. Professional or Master’s Degree is a plus.
At least ten years of experience in a legal or regulatory environment applicable to NERC power generation. In depth knowledge of the NERC standards, both O&P and CIP, is essential. Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes and requirements to ensure adequate compliance strategy.
Must have technical proficiencies within the context of the NERC standards.
Strong project management, verbal and written communications skills.
Experience in managing projects with internal and external stakeholders.
Experience in creating and implementing detailed processes and procedures.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat - We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll cr...edit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time - Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School - We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual - When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard - We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.