The Manager, Project Controls is responsible for the development of project schedules, project budgets, and project performance reporting. Ensures established governance and procedures designed to support schedule and on budget project delivery are adhered to in a consistent and quality manner.
The Impact You'll Make In This Role:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversees efforts to monitor, analyze and report project performance throughout a projects lifecycle.
2. Supports the Manager of Projects with data and reports to establish cost effective and predictable project delivery.
3. Provides data to support assurance that resources are managed in the most effective and cost-efficient manner.
4. Working with the supply chain. finance and project management, and other interface departments to establish appropriate project controls and reporting requirements in contract documents to establish effective control and accountability for contractor activities.
5. Supports portfolio and long-range planning with project cost estimates and schedules.
6. Provides and oversees the analysis of cost and schedule performance of projects. Supports project management with options to address performance gaps.
7. Oversees scope control and change management effectiveness. Ensures project status is maintained against baseline budget and schedule.
8. Act as subject matter expert in use of Primavera and other technologies used to manage projects.
9. Supports Corporate finance efforts to maintain accurate budgets, forecasts and in service milestones at project completion.
10. Coordinates and monitors the professional development of staff to ensure competencies are developed in support of high-quality project controls efforts.
11. Ensures governance, process descriptions, guidelines and procedures are maintained accurate.
12. Engage with applicable contract mangers to ensure that applicable project controls standards are outlined in each project RFP and subsequent contract.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Your Experience and Expertise:
Education & Experience: BS degree with 8 or more years of progressive experience in project management, and project controls in utility/industrial construction environment. Experience providing oversight and leadership of project controls cost engineers and schedule analysts. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
- Conversant in PMI Process and Knowledge areas and American Association of Cost Estimator standards and practices
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels
- Strong organizational, time, project and change management skills with proven ability to multi-task and manage complex projects
- Proven success at providing project controls services for large complex projects.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, Primavera, Power BI and related software systems.
- Excellent analytical thinking, investigative and problem-solving skills with the agility and flexibility to deal effectively with ambiguity and change
- Strong business acumen and proven leadership ability ? Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Effective change agent, with the ability to challenge conventional thinking, approaches, and methodologies to drive breakthrough results, with a process focused, continuous improvement mindset
- General understanding of accounting principals
- General understanding of AACE principals
- General understanding of the means and methods employed for construction of electric utility related projects
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand/sit; walk; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Environmental Demands: Works primarily indoors. May at times be expected to work in the field to gain insight and knowledge from the stakeholders of Line Construction & Maintenance, Vegetation Management and Fleet Operations.