This position manages, develops, and implements a variety of human resource functions, with primary focus on employee and labor relations. This position has functional oversight of labor and employee relations issues, performance management, internal investigations, interprets Association policies and labor contracts, and other ER/LR projects.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Qualified candidates are required to have:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Five (5) years of directly related progressive work experience in human resources or labor relations.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Experience interpreting and administering collective bargaining agreements.
- Experience directing or supervising employees.
- Experience managing non-HR operation functions to include P&L and/or business KPI’s.
- Educational emphasis in human resource management, business administration or other closely related disciplines.
Qualified candidates must have a valid Alaska driver’s license (or ability to obtain as required under State of Alaska regulations) and a driving record which is acceptable and insurable by the Association and the Association’s insurance carrier at standard group rates.
Matanuska Electric Association, Inc. (MEA), Alaska’s oldest existing and second-largest electric cooperative, is owned and operated by its member-owners. The headquarters office in Palmer is located only 45 minutes from Anchorage, the state’s largest metropolitan area. The town of Palmer is nestled in the lush farmlands of the Matanuska-Susitna Valley, surrounded by the majestic Chugach Mountain Range. MEA’s service area is 4,200 square miles in Southcentral Alaska, nearly the same size as the 2.2 million acre Yellowstone National Park. MEA serves an area twice as large as Delaware and three-fifths the size of Connecticut. Service is provided from four locations throughout the territory: Eagle River, Wasilla, Palmer, and Big Lake. Alaska is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts and pilots. Residents regularly enjoy world class fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, kayaking, white water rafting, and other outdoor activities. Join us in the ‘Land of the Midnight Sun’!
MEA is an EEO/M/F/D/V employer.