Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange is member-owned and is the leading provider of property and casualty insurance for rural electric utilities in 45 states. At Federated we understand the challenges our members face, and our goal is to give them more than just the financial strength and stability expected from an insurance carrier. We also work to help our members control risk and reduce accidents.
Federated offers employees a very competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
The company is currently searching for an Account Executive to be responsible for the property and casualty insurance needs of the electric cooperatives within the territory comprised of Florida, south Georgia, and southeast Alabama. Ideally the individual will reside near or be willing to relocate to the center of the territory. This is a salaried position.
Attracts and retains business in assigned territory. Manages existing accounts and monitors insurance programs. Identifies and analyzes risks to determine new accounts to pursue and modifications needed to existing customer coverages. Serves as a company representative.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Attracts and retains business in a multi-state territory by traveling to customer locations and calling on decision makers and consultants to provide consultation regarding maintenance and improvement of insurance programs. Prepares insurance comparisons and quotes as appropriate. Designs and implements appropriate coverages.
2. Assists current customers in identifying exposures and offers suggestions for minimizing exposures. Monitors insurance programs for existing accounts to ensure coverages continue to meet the needs of each business.
3. Serves as a company representative at regional and annual meetings. Maintains current industry knowledge by attending meetings, shows and educational sessions.
4. Presents information regarding Federated products and insurance to executives, board members, management and other industry officials.
5. Performs risk assessments to evaluate new accounts and determine which accounts meet Federated criteria.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus a minimum of 3 years experience in selling property and casualty insurance, or working with or for a rural electric cooperative.
Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange is member-owned and is the leading provider of property and casualty insurance for rural electric utilities in 45 states. We understand the challenges you face and our goal is to give you more than just the financial strength and stability that you expect from your insurance carrier. We also work to help our members control risk and reduce accidents. All underwriting, claims service and administrative functions are handled in-house. This unique position allows Federated to provide unparalleled service at an affordable cost. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of membership in Federated.