Location: Maple Grove, MN (Eligible for hybrid schedule)
Drafter/Designer - Substation Engineering Technician (Substation Relay and Controls focus)
We are the people we power. As Minnesota’s not-for-profit electric cooperative, our member-owners and their members impact every decision we make. Because their needs are our needs, and their dreams are our dreams.
Great River Energy is currently looking for a Substation Engineering Technician (Substation Relay and Control focus). Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to providing design and technical support for substation relay and control projects.
· Supporting the design of substation relay and controls projects by using AutoCAD.
· Updating Maximo, Adept, and Primavera with project related data.
· Performing design duties as assigned for substation construction projects to ensure accuracy by using GRE and NESC (National Electric Safety Code) standards and specifications for projects.
· Leading or participating on cross-functional teams that are responsible for developing and updating internal GRE design standards and equipment specifications in order to ensure consistent, high quality designs.
A typical starting range for this position is $28/hour to $40/hour. We offer market competitive base pay and adjust our offer accordingly based upon the value of the candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, our Total Rewards strategy focuses on recognizing individual performance and rewarding business results. Our robust Total Rewards package includes exceptional benefits and retirement, a focus on continuous engagement, recognition, personal and professional development, and an emphasis on work-life effectiveness.
Knowledge typically acquired through a
· Two year technical degree (such as drafting, electricity, electronics, or architecture) and typically 2-5+ years of drafting/design or utility industry related experience.
· Experience with drafting relay and controls drawings preferred.
· Knowledge of physics and algebraic principles and safety practices.
· Knowledge of utility and environmental codes and standards preferred.
· Knowledge of engineering principles within specialty preferred.
· Demonstrated skill in using industry-and job-related software, including AutoCAD, highly preferred.
· Ability to collect and analyze field data.
· Ability to design drawings for review by engineers.
· Project management, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
· Ability to identify and distinguish colors is required.
Qualified candidates please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com (under the Careers tab) by June 9, 2023. GRE values diversity, equity and inclusion and we are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Powering what’s possible Great River Energy is a not-for-profit electricity provider owned by our 28 distribution cooperatives in Minnesota and Wisconsin for which we generate and transmit electricity. We provide wholesale electric service to our member owners who distribute electricity to approximately 660,000 member consumers - or about 1.7 million people. A diverse mix of generation resources - Our power plants generate more than 2,800 megawatts of electricity and several solar arrays capable of producing 650 kilowatts. In addition, we purchase wind and hydroelectric energy.Your electricity is delivered through power lines to you. Every time you plug in your toaster, television or other electrical device, a system of power lines goes to work to bring you the power you need. Our job at Great River Energy is to keep the lights on by providing a safe & reliable supply of electricity.