Radiation Protection Manager/Emergency Plan Coordinator
Dairyland Power Cooperative
Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
Type: Full Time
Legal and Compliance
4 Year Degree
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: JR100098
Are you ready to join an organization where we focus on People First, have fun at work and make a difference in what we do?
Dairyland is proud of our People First culture centered around appreciation, celebrating wins and collaboration. We’ve worked hard to ensure alignment between our culture and our processes and systems, learning and development and rewards and recognition programs.
As a team, we work together to leverage the team’s diverse perspectives, ideas and experiences to deliver nothing less than the best. We are collaborative, transparent and committed to our People and their work experience, growth and professional development.
RADIATION PROTECTION MANAGER/EMERGENCY PLAN COORDINATOR
The Radiation Protection Manager/Emergency Plan Coordinator is responsible to maintain a Radiation Protection Program (RPP) in accordance with the requirement of 10 CFR 20 and the Emergency Plan response in accordance with the LACBWR Emergency Plan.
The Impact You'll Make In This Role:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain the Radiation Protection Plan and implementing procedures
2. Perform routine radiation monitoring and instrument operability checks
3. Oversee the contracted radiation protection services provider for instrument calibration, environmental dosimetry and personnel dosimetry
4. Oversee contracts and vendors that provide support for Radiation Protection and Emergency Plan Response
5. Perform routine environmental and personnel dosimetry exchange
6. Assist in the development of the annual environmental monitoring report and worker dose report as required by NRC
7. Develop and perform annual emergency plan drills and exercises
8. Provide training to the personnel who perform the initial dose surveys for emergency response
9. Provide worker protection from radiation hazards
10. Cross qualification to other key ISFSI leadership positions
11. Other duties as assigned
Your Experience and Expertise:
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering including formal training in radiation protection and a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in applied radiation protection. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Prefer recent experience as a Radiation Protection Manager or Environmental Coordinator.
Working knowledge of federal regulatory requirements regarding radiation protection
Technical understanding of nuclear facility principles and operation
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels
Proficient computer skills
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
Excellent attention to detail
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand/sit; walk; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are committed to providing our greatest asset, our People, with as many perks and benefits as possible. Some benefits of working with us include:
- Health & disability benefits (medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability) - Life insurance - Generous 401(k) and Pension Plans - Paid Time Off - Robust Wellness Program - New Flexible Work Program - Tuition Reimbursement - So much more!
Dairyland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, contact our HR Department at 608-788-4000.
Dairyland is proud of its history as a pioneer in rural electrification. The generation and transmission cooperative formed in 1941, bringing light and power to the homes and farms in “America’s Dairyland.” Specifically serving rural communities and countryside, Dairyland continues to ease work conditions and improve quality of life for residents by delivering a safe, reliable supply of energy in its four-state service territory.